Sunday 12 May 2013

Welcome to my blog and project Rockhopper FS. After months of people telling me I need to look after myself better and ending up back in Sports Therapy, I decided to get back into cycling or more specifically mountain biking.

All through my uni years I hankered after a front suspension bike, a Kona to be precise. That was back in the late 90's. After a weekend of trawling Gumtree and eBay, I ended up with a Specialized Rockhopper FS in need of some TLC.



Taken the day I picked it up, a sunny bank holiday in London. A quick ride back from Holborn to Kings Cross terminal told me I made the right choice, it was like being reunited with an old friend.

First job on the list is a complete strip down and clean, I know it will require some new parts, but how many, as yet is an unknown number.

No comments:

Post a Comment